The LINKS Team Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operations
of the LINKS Day Habilitation Program.
The LINKS Team Coordinator will oversee the LINKS Coaches. He/ she will
maintain calendars and schedules of all LINKS activities. This position will report directly to the Team
Coordinator Manager of Crossroads of Western Iowa.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following
- Lead, as well as provide support and supervision to a team of
assigned staff in support of persons served and ensure the implementation of
- Establish high standards of conduct and job performance for the
team; lead by example.
- Build trust and partnership with employees to drive high
performance, engagement, and a strong organizational culture.
Effectively assign, direct, control, evaluate performance, coach
and hold accountable assigned team.
Conduct effective staff and one-on-one employee meetings.
- Develop and/or support the scheduling for direct care staff to
ensure supports are available to persons served.
- Communicate staff schedule needs/changes in a timely manner and
arrange for replacements.
- Ensure tracking and billing of direct service hours and ensure
accuracy efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Assist in the hiring process and coordinate and conduct onboarding
of new staff, as well as be involved in ongoing training opportunities in the
form of regular staff and small group team meetings.
- Maintain open communication channels and keep leadership aware of
client and/or staff support needs.
Coordinate with direct care staff
and ensure the scheduling of clients' medical appointments, including
- Supervise the area of medication management.
- Practice compliance with employment law guidelines and mandates.
- Oversee the execution of medication management plans.
- Support staff in the implementation of behavioral plans.
- Ensure timely documentation of
client interactions and support interventions in the form of progress notes,
incident reports, communication log, and other as needed and instructed by
direct support staff.
- Be responsive to and provide emergency intervention for all
persons receiving supports.
- Be flexible to work outside the shift parameters based upon the
needs of the business.
- Coordinate Quality Assurance standards in
delivery of services in all aspects, including: accreditation and compliance surveys,
compliance with Quality Framework requirements, and service
cooperatively with the persons served and other team members to support
the persons served "Individual Support Plan"
daily reports on persons served needs and progress or otherwise document
in writing or on the computer, maintain files in a neat and orderly
fashion and assure limited access to documentation as applies.
persons served in activities such as community outings, socialization,
following directions, attention to tasks, job readiness and any activities
counseling to persons served and or/coordinate Mental Health Services as
- Maintain and develop positive
relationships with the many businesses, academic and vocational training
institutions, support services and community resource agencies. Develop new leads and opportunities with
new and existing customers and vendors.
a flexible work schedule to accommodate the Company's needs as applicable.
duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Skills, and Abilities
- The ability to follow and lead by example the Company's mission to
empower individuals and to actively seek out opportunities for an enhanced
quality of life.
- Embrace the values and philosophy of Crossroads of Western Iowa
- Effectively direct and monitor the work of others.
- Present one's self as a positive role model.
- Ability to be flexible as to schedule and hours as the position
- Must be familiar with all HIPAA
regulations and employ safeguards as directed by HIPAA laws and the CWI
outstanding written, verbal, communication, persuasion, and presentation
skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
including community and civic leaders and have general computer knowledge.
- Must secure and maintain a private phone.
- Be committed to self-development.
- The ability to
successfully meet the competency requirements of the Competency Assessment
Program of Crossroads of Western Iowa
possess or secure and maintain certification in First Aid and CPR; and a
valid Chauffeur's license with a driving record that is acceptable to
Crossroads of Western Iowa's auto insurance company.
These physical demands are representative of the physical
requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of the LINKS Team Coordinator's job.
While performing the responsibilities of the LINKS Team
Coordinator's job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use
their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard
and to write documentation. The employee
is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or
balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. The employee must be able to assist in
transferring persons served using 1, 2, or 3 persons transfers as specified in
each Person-Centered Plan.
Working conditions vary from indoors activities to outdoor
activities. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet to moderate, but occasionally can be noisy. Work may require occasional weekend and/or
evening work. The employee must be able
to travel between locations, and occasionally attend seminars which may require
an overnight stay.
LINKS Team Coordinator will have the following experience and attributes:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years' experience in working
with people with disabilities in a service delivery related field.
- Demonstrated experience in strong
organizational and analytical skills; and demonstrate the ability to organize,
manage and execute responsibilities under limited time frames within a fast
paced and changing environment.
- Must obtain Medication Manager
certification within six months of employment.
following are preferred but not required:
Associate degree from an
accredited college or demonstration of a minimum of 60 college credit hours.
Two years' experience in
supervision of staff or a minimum of 15 college credit hours in a
management/supervisory field obtained through an accredited college.
Demonstrated experience of strong
leadership, organizational, analytical, and management skills (managing people,
processes, and projects) with a focus on program coordination, staff
development, and support to those vital employees delivering care to persons
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with
disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the LINKS Team
Statement of Understanding
I have read and
understand the above position description. I assert that I can perform all
essential job functions, meet the physical requirements of this position,
perform satisfactorily in the stated working conditions, and satisfy the
expectation for regular attendance.